Cinnamon is made from the inner dried bark of Cinnamomum an evergreen tree. A rolled dried inner bark of the tree. Can be used whole or broken down into small pieces.
- Cassia Cinnamon sticks/chips
Is the most common, because it’s flavor and price. Has a strong extremely aromatic which runs the original taste more than the other variety’s. Giving you a delicious sweet and savory flavor at the same time. Adding a rich pleasant warm taste to any dish.
- Ceylon Cinnamon sticks
Is called “True” Cinnamon. Is less common and more expensive, its tan-brown in color, the aroma is a bit woodsy. And is Milder Sweet then the other varieties. Never takes center taste in the recipe. But the advantage of Ceylon Cinnamon is the ultra-low Coumarin levels. Coumarin in high doses can be dangers, so for people who use a lot Cinnamon Ceylon is the choice.
Here are some ideas to enjoy your cinnamon sticks:
For cooking or baking, finely grate or grind in a coffee or spice mill before adding to recipes,
Or add whole sticks and take out when finish cooking or baking.
- Use in recipe for cakes, pies, cookies, puddings, cereal, doughnuts, bread, oatmeal, granola, and even in Meat, baked vegetable, and curries, and great for pickling.
- Give your cup of coffee, iced tea, hot chocolate or even in your cup of wine, cider. A new flavor by adding 1 cinnamon stick. Can also be used instead of sugar.
- Use it as a flavorful garnish and decoration especially for preparing desserts, or just on any food platters.
- Since cinnamon sticks are used in potpourri, so just boil the sticks in water to enjoy a delightful fragrance in your home.
Try our high-quality (cassia, Ceylon) cinnamon sticks/chips we are sure you will be 100% satisfied